Wednesday 24 October 2018

'the person you love and the person that loves you are never ever the same person.'
Fred read that in one of my poems and disagreed.
He thinks love is a two way street,
a flowing river.
I cycled to work this morning and a flock of sparrows flew above my head.
I was thinking about Lucie at that moment,
I told her and she said it made her want to cry.
Can you write a love letter to your friends?
Who would I add?
Harriet, Merlin, Kath.
Lib, my number one,
Kate her number two but an equal in my eyes.
The birds, when they passed overhead, looked beautiful.
I could hear the wind in their wings.
They all stuck together so close.
I have a Frank Ocean refrain stuck in my head.
I have an image of you in my bed.
I feel like I could cross out all of the above to do that.
But not yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment