Wednesday 27 February 2019

it's funny how this morning I was preaching the benefits of time;
thinking about how when it passed she faded, she faded, she faded and you faded.
Imagined future scenarios when others would fade.
Speculated about how I only liked the album tracks because I played the album over and over,
how Lucie hated some of them because they come before or after one that she liked.
But surely she just liked that one because she had listened to it the most?

ridiculous to be having those thoughts today, this morning, today of all days.


it's bonkers how easily
and ridiculously your face makes me smile.
a shot through the body
a shock to the brain, spine et al.

These ridiculous early 'summer' days we have been experiencing between 10am and 4 or 5pm each day this week and some of last are as maddening as your face.
It is cold enough to wear gloves as I cycle into work
and I need a scarf for after dark
but the sun still feels so warm on my face.

I used to try and use this as a way to understand
or extract meaning but now
I just tangle myself up in flames.

the red burning ember
the brown wooden desk,
the soft brown coat
the bright red hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment