Monday 3 September 2018

I'm not sure if it is just about cycling into the wind,
using all of your gears,
using the hardest gear and wishing there was a harder one -
surely if there was you'd just use that one all the time? -
cycling out of the wind,
counting numbers on your hand and wondering about arithmetic,
how far you have walked that day,
how many minutes you've been on your phone in the past week,
if that girl will ever call again (probably not)
and which route to cycle home - the usual or a different way?

Life is richer than all of that, isn't it?
When you look at someone you like and you think they like you
is this what you're seeing?
The little questions?
I miss my lover but it's okay because we broke up for the right reason.
That's what I've been telling myself, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment